Monday, March 25, 2013

A New Beginning

I began reading the Book of Mormon today. This is pretty well delayed and much needed as my first meeting with the missionaries was over a month ago. Now is better than never, though, I suppose.

I began reading from the beginning in the book of Nephi. So far, I have only read the first chapter. As I was reading, I found myself feeling many things. The most overwhelming of these feelings was that of a sort of blissful craving to learn. I felt calm and was no longer aware of my surroundings--I only wanted to absorb more of this wonderful story.

I know that I believe, but I also know that the journey ahead--if I choose to take it--will be most difficult. My lifestyle is not the most...pure. All I can be certain of is that there is a lot of studying and prayer in my future. I need to be sure. I need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment